JOB TITLE: Road and Bridge Superintendent
REPORTS TO: Board of County Commissioners
SALARY: Minimum $27 per hour + benefits, depending on experience
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for coordination of all construction activities. This includes maintaining the highest quality work standards, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Responsible for overseeing spending and budget tracking and maintaining personnel files.
Position open until filled.
- Coordinate and supervise all road and bridge activity.
- Maintain construction schedules, identify and solve problems.
- Maintain positive relationships with managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices and rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Perform other duties and special tasks as assigned by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Submit annual budget
- Report Highway Users Tax Fund (HUTF) Inspection Report
- Follow organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Meet with public to respond to questions and resolve issues concerning the county’s roads
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- CDL Class B or A
- Traffic Management Certificate and knowledge of Model Uniform Traffic Code.
- Utilize strong organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
HOW TO APPLY:
Drop-off application at the County Commissioners’ Office, 352 Main Street, San Luis.
Please write on the front page of the application: Attn: R&B Superintendent.
Equipment Operator / Laborer
The Costilla County Road and Bridge District 1 Fort Garland Shop is hiring an Equipment Operator / Laborer.
This position reports to the District 1 Shop Supervisor. This is a full-time position with benefits available after a 90-day probation period.
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining a road grader. Other duties include performing pre-trip inspections prior to leaving the shop and report any mechanical problems to the supervisor. Must use personal protective equipment and follow safety rules. Perform snow removal operations. Other duties and special tasks as assigned. Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License and the ability to operate grader equipment. Work Environment involves regular exposure to outside weather conditions and vibration and Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
Position open until filled.
Pick-up and submit the Costilla County Job Application at the District 1 Road and Bridge Shop, 304 Carson Ave., Fort Garland.
Public Health Nurse / Registered Nurse
Costilla County Public Health Agency is seeking a Registered Nurse to provide Public Health Nursing in Costilla County.
The position will provide skilled nursing services including Immunizations, Communicable Disease control, and support in prevention areas/programs and Core Public Health Services.
A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a school accredited by the National League of Nursing is required. Public Health experience preferred.
Current license (in good standing) to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in Colorado.
Position is open until filled.